Thursday, May 7, 2009

Parks and Recreation

Clearly this show is a clone of the Office, a somewhat handicapped clone. It's not terrible, but I think the format just doesn't work as well for the scenario as it does on the Office. The Office gang is cohesive, you know all of them, and there aren't a lot of extraneous characters. Parks, on the other hand, does have a core group, but I think by adding in so many other characters and taking the action out of a set location they lose that cohesion. I don't feel as invested in any of the characters, I'm not getting attached to them like I am to Michael, Jim, Pam, even Dwight. Hopefully the show will gel more as it goes. On the plus side, it's SO much better than Kath and Kim which made me want to claw out my own eyes and jam knitting needles into my eardrums so I wouldn't have to see or hear it. Instead I just turned the channel and I'm not doing that with P & R.

Parks and Recreation doesn't make us want to change the channel, so I guess it gets 3 Monkees.

3 comments:

  1. I liked Kath and Kim (SElma Blair was fantastic . . . MOlly Shannon, not so much.
    I like Leslie's boss on P&R . . I actually liked Thurs. episode and Leslie's 'do--haha
    Rashida Jones is incredible

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about Kath and KIm. Molly Shannon is just not funny to me and never has been. On the other hand, this week is my 61st birthday, so I may just be an ornery old broad :)

    ReplyDelete